Cyprus is an ideal investment gateway to the European Union, as well as a platform for investment outside the EU, particularly into the Middle East, India and China. As a member of the wider EU and Eurozone community, Cyprus ensures safety and stability for investors, while also offering them market access to more than 500 million EU citizens.
The local infrastructure is ideally suited for business people who need to get things done. Thanks to its modern road network, extensive port facilities and two new international airports, travel and transport in and beyond Cyprus is fast, efficient and cost-effective.
Human talent constitutes one of Cyprus’ most compelling advantages, complemented by a broad range of high quality professional services. As a dynamic business centre, Cyprus offers an abundance of highly educated and skilled individuals, multilingual in their majority, ready to serve the needs of any business.
Moreover, Cyprus offers an attractive and transparent tax regime, fully compliant with EU, OECD and international laws and regulations. Providing access to an extensive network of more than 60 Double Tax Treaties, and maintaining a corporate tax rate of 12.5%, one of the lowest in the EU, Cyprus offers international investors and domestic businesses confidence to invest, grow and prosper.
Top Reasons for Doing Business in Cyprus:
- Robust GDP growth
- One of the fastest growing EU economies
- Consecutive upgrades by credit rating agencies
- Positive macroeconomic forecasts
Access to talent:
- The youngest population & workforce in the EU
- 55% of the workforce has a tertiary degree
- Businesses in Cyprus operate in English and 73% of Cypriots speak English
- Booming private education sector with English taught programs
- Visa-free access to European talent
- Easy access to global talent
Access to markets:
- Full access to European markets
- Access to 40+ EU trade agreements
- A member of the Eurozone since 2008
- Geostrategic location with proximity & easy access to major markets
Strong business support services:
- 700+ registered accounting firms including all major global firms
- 160 law firms and 2,700+ registered lawyers
- High availability of modern and affordable office space in all cities and numerous serviced offices & co-working spaces.
Low cost of doing business:
- Lower labour costs for technical and professional talents than in other major EU capitals
- Highly affordable critical business support services
Quality of life:
- One of the best climates worldwide
- Top 5 safest country in the world (Value Penguin 2015)
- Top 4 best retirement destination globally (Knight Frank 2016)
- Most blue flag beaches per capita in the EU (Eurostat)
- Best island economy 2017/2018 lifestyle & human capital (fDi magazine)
Excellent regulatory framework:
- The legal system is closely aligned to the English common law legal system
- Frequently updated to meet investors’ changing needs
- Strong protection for investment & intellectual property (IP)
- Establishing a business is simple and fast
For more information visit: http://www.businessincyprus.gov.cy